Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Creatives Programmable Universe

Incidentally, and more on track, one book I read in the summer of 2006, just after getting my literary agent, was entitled "Letters to a Young Novelist". It presented a marvelously direct, clear and simple approach to the process of novel writing.

I should also mention my own personal theory of the universe and its ability to support any endeavor whatsoever. When I discovered the above mentioned book, I'd gone to the library with the intent of finding how to books on novel writing. Once there at the library's computer log file to search desk, there sat the lone book on the counter, next to the terminal. I consider that no coincidence, and that somehow, that book was meant for me to find.

I believe the universe is "Programmable". When we focus our intention, so appears the next step toward that goal. If you'll notice, the minute you focus your intention on some endeavor, contributing factors, materialize. Many years ago I attempted to write a book about the origins of homophobia. I then began dating a man who knew the author the the book I was using for my research. Coincidence? Such was the case when I began my research for this 70 year old crime at the heart of this current project, and the co-central theme of the book. Where all roads were considered long since covered with new information, figuratively and literally, suddenly clear paths to that information appeared. Try it; focus on something, anything that you don't have and want more of, and more of it will appear.

What's more, I'm certain that the spirit both the individuals you wish to illustrate, if they were actaul people, and those of spirit guides who are experts in your area of art creativity, will immediately become available and remain at your disposal in the development of the writing, or any art project. Just look at the last page, the epilogue of Alice Waters's The Color Purple. She thanks the spirits that came in to help her complete the book.

No comments: